Sunday, December 6, 2009

Girl is Mine, The by Paul McCartney – **

First released: 1982

Arrgh! Painful…PAINFUL!! This is the most dreadful song to ever come off of one of the most best-selling popular albums of all time featuring the top talents in the industry, namely Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson. The worst parts about it (i.e. “dog-gone” and the spoken dialogue at the end) are what McCartney (and the rest of the world) hated about the track and what Jackson loved. What a career killer for McCartney. It’s on Jackson’s "Thriller" and his "History" compilation for those wanting to hurt their ears, as well as a hit single and a one-sided single. It should have been a no-sided single.

1 comment:

Lee Hester said...

I like this song. No I LOVE this song. I could listen to it all day.

"Ebony and Ivory" bugs the hell out of me though.
I also hate "We Are the Word", and "I Just Called To Say I Love You."

One man's meat is another man's poison.
Go figure.