Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Introducing the Beatles" by The Beatles – ***

First released: 1963

The first album officially released in the US, although virtually concurrent with Capitol's "Meet The Beatles". This is essentially the US equivalent of the UK "Please Please Me", although there were two versions released. One had "Love Me Do" and "PS I Love You", and a later version saw those tracks replaced with "Please Please Me" and "Ask Me Why". I remember finding a late 70s reissue of this album and asked my grandmother to purchase it for me as I was starting to become a major fan. She did not want to buy it despite the budget line price, because she felt that The Beatles' hair was too long!! If you've seen this album cover, this features a cover photo that has them with almost the shortest hair of their career!

No comments: