Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hey Jude by The Beatles – ****

First released: 1968

One of the greatest Beatles songs ever, although it has kind of faded for me over time. I remember when I purchased the 7" of this, I played this and "Revolution" over and over and over, to the annoyance of my sister. She said, "Yeah, it was a hit song about 10 years ago, so what?" It first appeared on LP on "Hey Jude" and on CD on "Past Masters, Volume Two" in 1988. It's also on "1967-1970" and 2000's "1". A demo version is included on "Anthology 3" in 1996. It is also used for 2006's "Love".

Different live versions were performed by Paul on 1990’s "Tripping the Live Fantastic", 2002/3's "Back in the US/World" and on 2009’s "Good Evening New York City". In fact the "Back in the US" version differs from the "Back in the World" version, where Paul speaks a little Spanish on the latter.

No comments: