Monday, April 5, 2010

"How I Won the War" (feature) by John Lennon – **

First released: 1967

This was going to be released onto DVD sometime in 2002 and I was all excited that I was going to able to see it. I know it came out on tape in 2000, but that’s not the point. I really don’t care to see John Lennon shot, even in a fictional setting. Someday I’ll see it, but I ain’t payin’ no $130 to see it.

Update: Since I first wrote this, the local PBS station KQED played it, and I was all excited to watch, but got bored with it after the first hour or so, and actually switched it off. I have since revised my opinion about Richard Lester as a director to the negative. Although Lester had a couple of good films ("A Hard Day’s Night", "Three Musketeers" (1973 version)), he’s had an awful lot of dogs ("Superman III").

No comments: